Saturday, December 29, 2007

Week 32: Quick update

We went to visit our midwife Thursday and got some exciting news: the baby has turned head down. To us, this feat was practically miraculous. How does he know to do this?! "Good job, baby! Way to be prepared." We were so proud... for about five minutes.

Then it hit me: he doesn't think that just because he's in relative position, it's time to make a landing, does he? We're not quite ready! "You've got another 7 weeks or so to go in the hopper, Baby. So just sit tight."

Everything else is right on schedule I'm happy to report.

Baby has been very active stretching every realm of my stomach to its limits. A few months ago there was a kick or a jab in the front, then occasionally on the side. Now he's all over the place. I can tell he's grown a lot in his "little house".

He's heavy enough now that I can no longer sleep on my back. Not that I ever slept there for long periods of time before, but sometimes for 15 minutes or so. It was a nice reprieve between side sleeping, which I'm really not crazy about. Now when I lie on my back I feel like I'm suffocating. And, sleep is not so restful anymore. Guess it's good preparation. That's what they tell me anyway.


Other "fun" tidbits:

* I can barely close my winter coat now--slightly problematic when it's 5 degrees!
* I've officially exceeded Joe's weight.
* Tieing my shoes takes an act of God to complete.
* Medium sized clothes are getting too tight in the stomach; large sized clothes fall off. A belt to hold up a pregnant woman's pants must be a laughable notion to designers.

Seven weeks and counting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look great, Liz! I'm so excited for you! Your nursery is darling! Christine had the same mobile in her crib and I can still hear the music that it played! You truly put nice and personal touches to the room, I can tell you did it as you are so great at making things original and special!
Love,
Barbara