Monday, December 17, 2007

Results on diabetes test

Good news. The doctor's office called me today to tell me that my results from the Glucose Tolerance Test came back. I held my breath while I listened to the message. Her voice sounded chipper... Who would call to leave a message and say in a happy voice, "Well, the results came back positive. You definitely have gestational diabetes! Have a good day." Anyway, she confirmed that my results were normal and that all is well.

Phew! That made my day. In my heart of hearts I truly doubted I would test positive, but one can't be too sure. And until I heard otherwise, I couldn't help myself from thinking about it. One thing is certain, I hope to never have to do that test again. Eeek. Sends shivers down my spine.

Tomorrow is labor ward tour #2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that all is normal. Can't wait to see you on Sat. Love to all of you Mom V.

Andy said...

Yess. Awesome. Glad to hear that you don't have diabetes, Liz. I'll call you soon.