Thursday, November 29, 2007

If you fail, pick yourself up and try, try again.


Well, the gestational diabetes test didn't go so well this morning. After the finger pricks, drinking the nasty orange soda infused with copious amounts of aspartame, and sitting around for an hour, I was told that my sugar was too high.

Major disappointment.

It wasn't alarmingly high. I think she said it was something like 153 and they wanted it no higher than the upper 130s. Now I have to go back to do the 3 hour doozy.


This includes fasting--again. Nothing makes me more irritable, or "hangry" as my brother-in-law Matt describes the highly volatile stage that my sister enters when she's hungry. I suffer from the same condition, which has only been amplified in pregnancy.

It also involves sitting around for 3 hours while they take my blood each hour to monitor more closely. Guess I'll need a good book.

I am convinced it's just a fluke. I'm healthy, I'm active, how can this be? Well, we'll see. I'll give an update next week, when I go again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep the positive energy-so will I.Love to both of you Mom V