Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Week 38: Quick Update

There's more "action" going on these days in that belly of mine. I like say that the baby is pretty "wiggly", not in the way he was a few months ago. Back then, there was more space and he had full range to dance around. Now, it's more like a fish swimming upstream, although in this case it's downstream. Think, "shimmy".

This week I'm having sensations that are new to me, even within this pregnancy. The key word about everything now is "Lowwwww". There's a tightening of muscle that feels different than the Braxton-Hicks contractions that I've experienced for several months. And sometimes I really wonder if the baby is head-butting the "door to the outside world".

I feel like something could happen at any time now, but I'm trying not to get myself too excited in case I've got another 3 weeks of this:












We had our weekly visit with the midwife today. I didn't gain any weight this week. That was a surprise. I have definitely been eating for two lately, as I might have mentioned. I described all my latest "symptoms". She said that the baby's head is down and lowering--all good signs--but not way down yet into the pelvis. Geez, you could have fooled me. This makes me think that I could be in for another week or two, or, GASP, three. Well, I'm not going to think about that. I'm just going to take it one day and one sleepless night at a time. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just when you think how much lower can he go-withh all that pressure-and he can go much lower!! You doing great Lizzy-Love to all of you Mom V.

Anonymous said...

We're thinking about you! Let us know when Baby V arrives!! As scared as we were, we are super excited that Hunter has joined our world!! Baby V will be a great addition to the world!! Love, Pat, Halle, Ted and Hunter