Saturday, February 2, 2008

Week 37: Quick Update

Appointments to the doctor's office are now on a weekly basis. This week's report is a good one, for the most part. Things are "as they should be". All of the things that I brought to the midwife's attention were confirmed to be "normal" including the menopausal-like symptoms (night sweats, laying wide awake for hours) and low pressure, back aches, and what feels to me like significant water retention. I'm like a little marshmallow lady.

The one thing that I was not thrilled about was testing positive for Group B strep. This is by no means catastrophic. It just means that I now have to take antibiotics before the birth (during labor). I'm leary of taking antibiotics in general. I think they're vastly overprescribed. But in this case, it seems to be the best course of action, especially given some of the stories that I've read about the consequences of not taking them.


Just for fun compare the photo above to a photo of me wearing this same shirt back in what I imagine was late October or early November, since I can see Joe's birthday cards on the mantel. HAAA!

Damn! (Will Smith voice from Men in Black)






Just waiting now, and wondering. Wondering will it be today? Will it be next week? The anticipation is intense. Trying to enjoy living "on the edge".

No comments: