Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!



Top of the mornin' to ya, friends and family! Happy St. Patty's Day!! Check out me hat. Do ya like it?









Today was a big day of celebration at daycare. It's Jonas' "oldest friend" Sophia's first birthday (they've "known" each other since they were in the womb) AND it's St. Patrick's Day. So, there was cake eating and hat making, lots of festivities!

I pulled into the driveway of daycare this afternoon and burst out laughing when I spied Jonas sitting there, happy as a clam in the spring warmth, sporting this kick ass hat. It's part Pilgrim hat, part bishop's miter. Can't you see the similarity with St. P's pointy hat? Now, all he needs is a staff to chase away all the snakes.

Come to find out, most of the other kids weren't especially interested in wearing the hat, but Jonas was. And he wore it with pride. And he should wear it with Irish pride--he can claim about 10% Irish heritage, maybe a tiny bit more.









Hey, check it out. This is my lounge lizard look.








This is the other thing that we deal with pretty much 99% of the time: Jonas wanting to explore everything.






See my hand there in the foreground? I was saying, "No, Jonas. Just stay there a second so I can take this photo." See that little grin? He's laughing and thinking, "Nah, I don't think so, Mom. It's more fun if you try to take the photo AND keep me from crawling right off this step."

2 comments:

Marlena said...

oh he is so cute in that hat! me little leprecon!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, Liz, Joe, and Jonas...being the good, Irish part of the family, I heartily approve of Jonas's hat and happy demeanor! Darling pictures, Liz. Jonas just lounging around is so funny. Keep 'em coming. Love Mom and AJ