Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The first bath

Oh, were there tears and screams and wailing going on for the bath. In all fairness to Jonas I hated baths, too, and that lasted until I was about 8 years old! Hopefully, he'll get over it sooner than I did.



The calm before the storm.








Occasionally Jonas flashes a smile. When he does, my heart just melts.

Unfortunately, this was only to last about 2 seconds--that was before we put him in the bath.






Oh my! We even saw the lower lip trembling. That's when we know we've really done it.

I'll never forget when I watched the nurse bathe him after he was born how his lower lip trembled and there was something in his cry that made me tear up. I occasionally hear this specific cry every now and again, and it still has the same effect on me.




A brief moment of quiet submission. Key word = brief.









Even putting on the dinosaur towel after the bath wasn't a consolation, but at least we were done. For now, anyway...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been checking in, but not the last few days-these pictures are sooo cute. He has certainly changed since I saw him-looking forward to being with all of you this weekend-his smile-well what can I say-savor all of those moments and there will be many. Love Mom V.

Anonymous said...

What great picures. Junior got a bath! Typical reaction...I remember these days. Hugs and kisses to Jonas. He's such a cutie! Talk to you tomorrow.

Love Mom

Judy MSM said...

Lizzy...and Joe...and Jonas...Yeah, like I said, it is exciting and to have two such thrilled grandmothers! That lower lip really is something...and you will always remember that and a million other things. Looks like everybody is bonding. Enjoy. Love, Judy