Friday, October 26, 2007

Trying to keep mind and body fit


I've been an avid yoga enthuasiast for a few years now. I love it. It centers me, keeps me flexible, strengthens and tones, and serves as a great metaphor for dealing with life in general. I put yoga on hold last spring as I was training for my half marathon and then just as I was about to get back into it, I found out that I was pregnant. I didn't feel like doing much of anything my first trimester but was itching to get back into it near 10 weeks. Fortunately, my yoga studio has a great pre-natal yoga instructor.

I signed up for an 8 week session in the beginning of September having no idea how much I would enjoy it. While I do occasionally miss a good vigorous yoga workout, I *LOVE* this class. Each class offers a different routine. We learn about different poses that can help alleviate pain and promote relaxation. It generally just makes me feel amazing. I plan to stick with this right up until I can't possibly move anymore. Well, I'm really hoping that I never reach that point. One girl in my class is 37 weeks already! So, that gives me lots of hope.

No comments: