Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tricks with toast

This is Jonas at breakfast yesterday. He's always a happy chappy when it comes to eating, not unlike one of his parents, no names mentioned here. I had served up toast with strawberry jam, cut it in four pieces and gave it to him.


As I sipped my coffee and stared off into space, I became aware that he was doing something with his toast, other than eating it. In my peripheral vision I noted that the toast was in front of his face for awhile, but the size of the toast hadn't gotten smaller.








I looked over to see what he was doing. There were three pieces of toast still on the plate, each with a few bites removed. And Jonas' face was covered in jam! I laughed so hard when I realized that what he was doing was licking the jam off each of the toast pieces, putting them back on the plate, and then once he was done with the jam, then he'd eat the toast.







"Hee hee hee. Look at me, Mommy. This is really tasty!!

Jonas, you're a clever little boy.

No comments: